Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thing Thursday 5/1/2014

Thing Thursday 13It's Thing Thursday, the day of the week where I post about one of the things I've purged and why.


This week's thing is a shirt that I LOVE! It's black chiffon and it fits perfectly. It has a lace back which is a fun twist too. It's dressy but still very comfy. Unfortunately, it is coming apart in several places despite having been washed and cared for according to the instructions. I've only washed it about 5-6 times :( But I can't return it because I've had it about a year. I'm depressed about it, but this is gone. (I did actually cut it apart to keep the back lace piece for a sewing project I have in mind!)

Note: Tomorrow I will be posting the April 2014 Results instead of my usual Friday Budget Check

Another Note: I put an extra $27 (from my home business profits) on my credit card yesterday to help make up for my mistake. I know my mistake isn't paid off yet, but I'm working on it :)

Another-nother Note: If  you are interested in guest-posting at Shoeaholicnomore, email me at shoeaholicnomore[at]gmail[dot]com!

4 Comments:

At May 1, 2014 at 11:10 AM , Anonymous E.M. said...

I'm sorry that it was coming apart! I hate when favorite shirts do that. It was very pretty, too. It's neat that you saved the lace part, though. I have no clue how to sew!

 
At May 1, 2014 at 11:25 AM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

I can sew, but I'm not an expert seamstress by any means :) I've never made clothes before either, but I plan on using this lace on a bag or something I think... So many ideas, so little time :)

 
At May 1, 2014 at 12:37 PM , Anonymous Debt Busting Chick said...

Sorry about your top. I hate sewing but I whip out that needle and thread as soon as my clothes get holes. I'm always repairing things.

 
At May 1, 2014 at 1:13 PM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

Debt Busting Chick - I wouldn't repaired it if it were repairable. Unfortunately where it was coming apart was by the seams and the fabric didn't just rip, it pulled away in a fray, no way to fix it and upon looking online, this seems to be a common problem with chiffon. :( Too bad because loose chiffon tops like this one are super comfy but also dressy at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home