Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Horizontal Surfaces

Clearing Horizontal SurfacesI had a limited amount of time for my de-cluttering "project" the weekend before last. I decided to tackle 2 horizontal surfaces that are magnets for clutter: my dresser and a card table I am currently using in the office as a work surface/desk.

 
This is my dresser before. Many of these things don't even belong here. I know it's weird that I don't have a photo in that frame in the corner... Maybe if I can't one to go in there soon it's clutter?! I never thought about that until I was writing this, I didn't even think of that while I was working on this space. The idea that taking photos of your space to give you a different perspective has just proved itself.

 
This is the card table I use as a desk. I haven't purchased furniture for my office. I hope to in the future but not until my consumer debt is paid back and I have cash in hand. This surface is so cluttered I can't use it as I intended, so I've been doing all my paperwork on the dining table which is not ideal.
 
I decided not to focus on the whole room in this case. I simply wanted to clear off the dresser and the table. The rest of the room may still be a disaster (the office) BUT all I had time to focus on was the table.
 
The only things I got rid of are these:


Don't worry, I did recycle them. Everything else was just stuff not in it's place. I put all of it away. Afterwards, the surfaces look like this:

 
I know there's still clutter around and under the desk, but again I was focusing only on the desk surface for the time being. (Ignore my dust please!)
 
 
The dresser looks infinitely better too. I think I slept better that night, the room is more peaceful and I feel less stressed when there isn't crap clutter everywhere. Both rooms still need work, but I am making progress.

2 Comments:

At January 14, 2014 at 8:11 PM , Anonymous Tommie said...

Looks Great!
Thanks for sharing your dust, sometimes I feel like I am the only person the dust bunnies visit.

 
At January 15, 2014 at 8:15 AM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

I can assure you, you are NOT the only one the dust bunnies visit. LOL! Thanks for commenting :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home