Thursday, January 9, 2014

4 More Down!

Book De-clutteringOnly hundreds more to go!

It's Thursday and I've got a crazy schedule before the weekend starts, so this post will be short. I gave 4 books to a former teacher of mine last night to use in her classroom:


This brings my net book reduction for 2014 to -11 books. I'm so glad to be heading in the right direction. It is disheartening that I still have so many left, but I am trying to take it one book and one day at a time. 365 Less Things, a de-cluttering blog that I like to read, suggests that taking it slow is better because you are less tempted to bring in new stuff to replace the clutter you just got rid of and you'll learn more along the way. So far, she is right! I have 11 less books, approximately 20 less pairs of shoes and several less kitchen items. I'm not even tempted to rush out and buy new stuff. This is a good feeling!

3 Comments:

At January 9, 2014 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great! I cleaned out my spice cupboard and it made me feel like a million bucks!

 
At January 10, 2014 at 7:49 AM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

Great Jodi! I love having new empty spaces. I'm not sure what I'm going to tackle next, but I can't wait to do it. :)

 
At January 10, 2014 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Mommie Tommie said...

Paying it forward by donating to a specific person...very nice!!
Good Job!!
I cleaned out my pot and pan cabinet..YIKES!! but it looks so much better.
www.mycrazychaos.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home