Saturday, December 28, 2013

My Story

My StoryAfter reading my first few posts, I'm sure you are all DYING to know more about me right? Well after I post this, I will be copying it into a page called "About Me". My name is Shoeaholic No More and this is my debt story.

I am a mid-20s single girl living in the Midwest. I graduated from an in-state university with a little over $8,000 in student debt, not bad compared to many of my peers. After graduation, I landed a good job as a, get this, credit analyst at an ag-related bank. Ironic isn't it? It gets me all the time!

Since I was now earning so much more money and I landed this job in my small hometown I decided to buy a house as rental prospects here are nil to none, and of course moving back in with my parents was out of the question! Thus I added a $120,000 mortgage onto my debt total.

After moving into my new house, I realized how little furniture I owned and I proceeded to purchase some to the tune of about $4,000, which I also financed.

Many of my new co-workers are the well-dressed type and I felt I had to keep up and present myself in the newest fashions and accessories, which is where the balance of debt and a lot of the clutter has come from.

Now, I am up to my eyeballs in debt and I finally decided it's time to reverse this trend by paying it down and investing in my future instead of the right now.

2 Comments:

At March 31, 2014 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am blitzing Ebay hard with trying to de-clutter plus using the proceeds at paying off my debt. Good luck!

Vicki @thefrugaltrial

 
At March 31, 2014 at 2:53 PM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

Thanks Vicki! Are you having good luck with Ebay sales?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home