Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Coat Closet Clutter and Other Things From my Saturday Night

De-clutteringSaturday night my dad called and wanted to go to dinner since my mom was gone for the evening. After we ate, we went back to my house, where I proceeded to engage him in some projects from my ever-growing and never-ending "Dad Do List" (like the "honey do list" only I don't have a honey). Here's some of what we did, turning these items from clutter sitting around unhung, into decor that is finally being used:



(Now I just need to fill up the wine rack so it doesn't look so weird and empty.) We also worked on my coat/utility closet. I didn't take a picture before, but just imagine everything that is now hanging sitting on the floor and no empty floor space. Here's what we hung:

 
This rack holds 5 brooms/mops etc. We also hung my fly swatter and feather dusters.

 
Then, my dad was on a roll and he hung the step ladder too.
 
After this project, we played card games. When I was picking up the decks of cards afterward, I decided to get rid of these useless advertising cards:



I know it doesn't seem like much, but I'm feeling better all the time when I clean out clutter by getting rid of things or by making things more useful, enjoyable, or beautiful. Slow progress is still progress.

3 Comments:

At January 23, 2014 at 3:14 PM , Anonymous Tommie said...

"Daddy do's" I love that!

 
At January 23, 2014 at 4:23 PM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

Thanks Tommie! I can't wait to read more of what you've been up to. Your posts are great. Light-hearted but still serious at the same time, they have great balance.

 
At January 29, 2014 at 11:55 AM , Anonymous Tommie said...

Thank you very much!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home