Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thing Thursday 3/20/2014

Thing Thursday 7It's Thing Thursday!



This week's thing is a flowered shirt. I actually really like this shirt, which is why I held on to it for so long. It has a rip at the bottom from my lovely dog getting a hold of it out of the laundry while I wasn't home (he escaped from the enclosed porch at my apartment in college). I like the unique square neckline, the purple print, and the fit. But I no longer wear it since I have so many clothes in my closet that aren't ripped. Since I've been decluttering, I can no longer justify keeping a ripped shirt that I don't even wear, so I trashed it. This is gone!

4 Comments:

At March 20, 2014 at 2:30 PM , Anonymous Hayley @ A Disease Called Debt said...

It's hard to get rid of stuff we love even though we no longer use them! Looks like a lovely top, shame about the rip in it. My dog has done to the same to many of my clothes. I should really take a leaf out of your book and get rid!

 
At March 20, 2014 at 2:36 PM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

Thanks Hayley! The rip is at the bottom so I wore it 2-3 times after it was ripped, but I tried to camoflage it. No one said anything, but it still bothered me.

It is very hard to get rid of things, which is crazy because it's just stuff! I hope you do work to simplify and get rid of the ripped stuff.

I've finally decided I'm worth more and I should treat myself better than to keep broken, ripped, or worn out stuff. I'm not buying new stuff right now due to the debts, but that doesn't mean I have to keep the ripped stuff if I have more than enough already.

 
At March 21, 2014 at 11:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that the clothes you love get the rips and stains in them? ....
....Oh ya, it's because we were them ALL THE TIME! hee hee

 
At March 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

Debt Debs,

Unfortunately, I had only worn it a few times when my dog got ahold of it :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home