Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fighting with Myself

Fighting With MyselfThe other night at the end of February, I was really craving pizza. The cheesy, stringy, warm kind with ham and pineapple that magically arrives on your doorstep, hot and ready to eat. My absolute favorite! I even went on to the pizza place's website to see what kind of deals they were having so I could get some bread sticks or cheese sticks to go with it. My stomach is kind of grumbling again now just thinking about it!

I was just getting ready to dial the number of the pizza place when I woke up.

I can't afford pizza delivery right now!  Plus I have frozen pizza in the freezer that's already paid for. I had already spent my fun money for the month (and then some) going to visit my BFF. I don't regret that trip at all. I had a great time and got to take a bit of a break from the daily grind.

My want to pay off my debt and be free is greater than my want for delivery pizza. Pizza will only last for 2-3 meals and also go against some of my other 2014 goals. So, I snapped out of it and put the frozen pizza in the oven. It was decent and it helped my pizza craving. Would I have enjoyed the delivery pizza more? Yes, but not for long when the guilt of my actions hit.

The journey to becoming debt free is not easy. It is going to require building will power and the ability to say "No" to myself and to things I wouldn't have given a second thought before. It is going to be hard and sometimes I won't win the arguments with myself, but I will win in the end when I am debt free!

2 Comments:

At March 4, 2014 at 9:43 PM , Blogger deardebt said...

Good job on having some will power. It can take a lot of work. Having that frozen pizza really saved the day :)

 
At March 5, 2014 at 8:16 AM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

Yes that frozen pizza was my hero, haha! Thanks for the encouragement. I am still working on increasing my will power everyday :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home