Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thing Thursday 2/20/14

Thing Thursday 3
It's time for another Thing Thursday!
 
 
This week's thing is actually a group of things. I am getting rid of these 4 kitchen knives this week. I have had them for about 4-5 years. They are the cheapy kind you can get at Walmart. They are not nice and they are not sharp. I have since bought some nice, sharp knives that come with holders that sharpen the blades each time they are taken out and inserted back into the case. So why the heck am I holding on to these not nice, not sharp ones? I have no idea. I haven't used them once since getting the new ones. I always pass these over to use the sharp ones. Well, no more. These are gone!

On another note: I am going out of town this weekend. I am leaving on Friday evening and I'll be back sometime Sunday afternoon. I am going to visit my BFF for a girls weekend! She lives about 3.5 hours away. I am going to try my darndest to stay on budget as this is my first weekend away since starting my journey to becoming debt free. I will update you all after the weekend on how I did with my budget.


4 Comments:

At February 20, 2014 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have several kitchen implements that need to be purged.
Enjoy your girls weekend:-) Sounds like a great time.

 
At February 20, 2014 at 4:15 PM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

Tommie,

I already posted about going through my kitchen cabinets, and yet I didn't get rid of these the first time! I truly agree with Nony @ A Slob Comes Clean about re-decluttering. Another blog I read, 365 Less Things, says its easier to be more and more ruthless each time you go through a space in your home! Thanks for the encouragement :)

 
At February 21, 2014 at 6:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Girls weekenddd! Good luck staying on budget :)

 
At February 21, 2014 at 7:59 AM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

Thanks Downstairs! I will do my best to stay on budget, but I want to be realistic as well. I know that where I'm going is going to be biggest budget challenge yet. I will NOT be taking any plastic with me, except for my debit card, but NO credit cards!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home