Thursday, January 30, 2014

Clearing Car Clutter

Car ClutterOur vehicles are like our second homes. At least, for me it is. But the downside is that cars have windows without blinds or curtains. Why don't they make car curtains? I would totally buy some!

I hate having a messy car because others can easily see what's in your car. This can be a safety/security issue, I never leave anything identifying my name, address, etc in the car. It can also be an appearance issue. Those who know which vehicle is yours will know the mess is yours. I try to keep mine neat for these reasons, but sometimes it gets away from me:

 
About half of that junk was just stuff I needed to take 5 minutes to drop off somewhere or give to someone. After I did some of those tasks and rearranged what was left, it looked like this:


Ahh! So much better and finally ready for passengers at a just a moments notice! All that's left is my re-usable shopping bags that I keep in there all the time and my tool kit for emergencies. Now to tackle the contained mess in my center console and glove box...

2 Comments:

At February 1, 2014 at 11:38 AM , Anonymous Tabitha said...

It always feels so nice to clean out the car. We have 4 children and ours turns to chaos SOOOO fast! Are y'all on Dave Ramsey's program? We started with him about 13 years ago. We have our mortgage and one $7000 home repair (for selling our old house) loan, left. -Tabitha

 
At February 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM , Blogger shoeaholicnomore said...

Tabitha, that's great! I bet you are working hard to demolish those last 2 debts! I only recently learned of Dave Ramsey. I borrowed his progam from a friend and I am working to complete it in my "spare time", which I don't have a lot of. I am still working on lesson 2, where he explains a 0 based buget. So far, I have found his program interesting. I'm not sure I'll follow all parts to a T, but it has planted lots of ideas in my head.
I hope you contine reading my blog! Thanks for commenting :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home